Experience Clear Skin with Saavya Clinic Acne Treatments
Acne Treatment in Mumbai
What exactly is acne?
Acne develops when the skin’s pores, which open to hair follicles, get blocked with oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria. Each hair follicle contains a single hair as well as a sebaceous gland that generates sebum, a kind of oil that keeps the skin lubricated and soft. However, when variables such as hormones, for example, lead these glands to create an excess of sebum, which is subsequently pushed out through the follicle. It collects dead skin cells, and bacteria while going out.
This accumulation of oil, dead skin cells and germs forms a clog. The body then responds to this clog by sending white and red blood cells to attack the infection, which causes inflammation and redness.
What are the causes of acne?
- Excess Oil Production
- Hair follicles blocked with oil and dead skin cells
- Excessive androgen hormone activity
What are the complications and symptoms of acne?
- Blackheads (pinhead-sized black patches) are open on the surface of your skin (superficial) and do not leave scars.
- The most frequent kind of acne is whiteheads or pustules, which do not develop black because they are not exposed to air. Deep pustules and cysts seem inflamed; they are generally red and bloated with visible pus.
- Deep acne is frequently red, inflamed, heated, sensitive, loaded with pus, and painful to the touch.
What are the factors responsible for aggravating acne breakouts?
- Hormones: Hormones such as androgen rise throughout puberty in both females and boys. It causes the sebaceous glands to enlarge and produce more sebum. Sebum production may also be affected by pregnancy-induced hormonal changes and the use of oral contraceptives.
- Medication: Drugs containing corticosteroids, testosterone, or lithium.
- Another documented cause of acne outbreaks is stress.
What are the different forms of acne?
- Comedones – Comedones are clogged sebaceous glands in the skin. This is the first stage of acne. These are classified as either open comedones or blackheads or closed comedones or whiteheads. The hair follicle wall bulges due to the accumulation of fluids within, resulting in a whitehead. If the plug is left open, the secretions oxidize, resulting in the development of a blackhead.
- Papules are inflammatory comedones that are elevated above the skin’s surface and appear slightly red.
- Pustules – When papules get infected with P. acnes bacteria, pustules occur. Pustules are larger, more inflammatory, and may be more painful than papules.
- Nodules and cysts – The most severe kind of acne, characterized by many thick nodules and cysts on the skin. This kind frequently causes long-term skin damage in the form of acne scars.
What is the treatment for acne?
Topical medications– Use of cleansers containing benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid. Benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, retinoids, and azelaic acid are all components in topical gels.
Oral medications– Antibiotics are used orally; Vitamin A derivatives are taken orally; Oral contraceptives are used to treat acne that is infected or severe.
Chemical Peeling– To help treats acne faster and decrease acne marks, use peels with Glycolic acid, Salicylic acid, retinoids, and acetic acid.
The carbon laser
Carbon paste is applied first, followed by a Q-switched Nd Yag laser. It aids in the removal of accumulated oil discharges and microorganisms from the sebaceous glands.
Steroid injections intravenously– This procedure is used to treat acne cysts and nodules.
Light therapy and lasers, especially blue light, are both safe and effective for treating mild to severe acne.
If you would like more information about Acne Treatment in Mumbai, please contact us at 8591137453 or fill out the appointment request form and one of our representatives will contact you within 24 hours.